PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My cat 2 years old was stuck underneath our house in the

Customer Question

My cat 2 years old was stuck underneath our house in the crawl space all day long for probably a total of 12 or 13 hours and when we finally got her she was called to our steps and was laying on the steps. She came inside jumped on her spot where she sleeps and stay there in the same position all night she is moving a little bit here and there but she is very lethargic is not drinking fluids and we don't know what to do
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

If its warm in your area, she may be battling such a profound case of dehydration that she's not interested in drinking. Consider skipping the powerade and watering down canned food or using baby food puree to make taking in fluid more palatable. If she continues to refuse fluid, she needs to be examined by a veterinarian to be sure that she is not dehydrated and in desperate need of hospitalization and intravenous fluid therapy.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Hi Meredith,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Meredith Ten Eick. How is everything going?