Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Yesterday her stop was soft and mushy it looked like there

Customer Question

Yesterday her stop was soft and mushy it looked like there was some blood, but think it was passed through the birth canal. I read up on the usual signs like her not wanting to eat. She stopped eating yesterday. She successfully delivered kittens a year ago. She was sitting a reddish brown fluid on my floor today. Tonight the water was clear. Should I wait a bit before I get really concerned?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 2 months ago.

Ah, sorry, I didn't see this question until just now.

Okay, I think you had a typo, what did you mean by "her stop?"

I don't really like what you are describing....I am worried that she is not able to deliver the kittens if she is having colored fluid passing like this for 24 hours.

Can you take her temperature? Does she have a fever? The best way to take a cat's temperature is rectally with a simple digital thermometer. Normal should be 99.5 to 102 degrees. If she has a fever, that is very concerning for retained feti or membranes (placenta).