Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

13 year old cat gave him a bath held him dry him off did not

Customer Question

13 year old cat gave him a bath held him dry him off did not give much of fight like he dose when I ran out 3 hours came home found cat hideing behind pillow he is kicking not all there stareing
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Kitty's situation. So you feel that he's been losing a decent amount of weight over the past couple months? During that time, he's been eating pretty well?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2 cans off wet food day all dry food he wanted all water to
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
think he dieing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello need a answer

Sorry for my delay. I'm going to be honest here with his age and the weight loss, the most common causes for this are diabetes, chronic renal failure, diabetes and cancer. These can be screened for with your vet through a physical exam and blood work. Is there going to be something that can be treated? That is what is trying to be discovered.

At this time, he's nauseated as you can tell from the fact that he's had the vomit. Could he temporarily have enough stomach upset that it has caused the vomit and he's needing time to let things settle down? Is it tied into the weight loss that he's been having. The best thing to do here would be to contact your vet and to get him in so they can check him over. They are going to do their best to help him as much as they physically can. Could again something be found that is serious? That is the concern.