Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

She was on the couch and woke ... Her front leg seemed to

Customer Question

She was on the couch and woke ... Her front leg seemed to not work ... She pooped on the towel I leave there for the cats ... I cleaned her in the sink and wrapped her in a towel then she pooped again in the towel ... I washed her again and blow dried which she took well but in her right state of mind wouldn't have liked ... I tried to put her on the couch and she jumped to the floor and continually walked around the couch ... I moved to the kitchen which is close and she walked around the island several times ... I now put her in the kitty room with food & litter box and she is just laying there quietly ...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Scrat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Scrat?
Customer: Feral cat and I had her fixed ... She is out most of the time ...
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She also has a lump on her neck that is scabbed ... I thought this is just something she got outside running around ... She recently had an upper respiratory sickness that had her nose full of green stuff and runny eyes ... Poor little Scrat kitty ...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call Please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is she dragging the front leg?

If you pinch her toe (do so with care, of course), does she respond like she can feel it?

You noted she was circling, was it in the same direction? Did it seem involuntary or compulsive?

Does Scrat have any known health issues?

How old is she?

Any chance she has had a head trauma or ingested something toxic (ie plants, chemicals, drugs, etc)?