educatortech
educatortech,
46856550

I came home last night and my orange/ cat Missy was waiting

Customer Question

I came home last night and my orange/white cat Missy was waiting at the door, I let her in she ran around, she wanted out then at bedtime and I let her out and poured a saucer of milk, she drank it, I woke up this morning, opened the back door to find her dead in below my car.. Im absolutely gutted and there was no signes of struggle, no bite marks, no foaming at mouth, nothing, her eyes were open , Im totally devastated.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  educatortech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg. So sorry for your sudden loss of your cat. There are many reasons why cats can die suddenly... since you did not notice any issues with the cat beforehand, it was likely due to a heart condition. For cats this is common and without signs before the issue occurs. It may have been cardiomyopathy - however, you cannot really be sure without taking to a vet for an autopsy.

CLICK HERE for more info on this topic that might help. Again, my deepest sympathies on the loss of your family member.