Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

6 week old kitten, temperature down to 92 bad diarrhea and

Customer Question

6 week old kitten, temperature down to 92 bad diarrhea and threw up, was doing good all day, she is on along along with our other rescued kittens
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your kitten. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is she vaccinated for distemper? The symptoms of feline distemper are vomiting and diarrhea. Other things can cause vomiting and diarrhea: other infections, parasites, eating something that did not agree with her.

Young kittens can succomb quickly to diseases that cause severe vomiting and diarrhea. If her temp is really only 92 she may be very sick or dehydrated. Try to warm her up, and rehydrate her if you can with warm broth or Pedialyte. If she won't take anything by mouth, she may need rehydration with warmed fluids under her skin.

If you check her gums, are they pink or pale in color? Can she keep any liquids down?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you. How is your kitten doing?