Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He somehow hurt his right hind leg and at first it looked

Customer Question

He somehow hurt his right hind leg and at first it looked dislocated but now he drags his leg behind him and it seems like he doesn't have control of his bottom part of leg mainly his foot. He can put some weight on it but only walks s few steps and then lies down.
I haven,,'t had anX,-ray yet. I haven't got much money to spare for a lot of dr visits. What do you think?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. He was inside but does jump from the window sill some. He is,13 yrs old and overweight.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Tiger-Boy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: He seems to be healthy other than he is kind in one eye.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you post video of the dragging of the leg?
2) Is it only one leg?
3) Is he indoor only or outdoor also?
4) Any pain?
5) When you touch the two back feet pads, do they feel to be of different temperatures?