PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

Want to treat with oral pill for fleas but gave topical

Customer Question

Want to treat with oral pill for fleas but gave topical 2days ago is this too soon
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: I have 5 Harley,kali,jr,m back and lucky can't afford to pay just want an answer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: No just want them to get relief
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
does white cider hurt cats in their water for ridding fleas
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

White vinegar does not do a great deal for cats for ridding them of fleas, but we do not believe that its usage long-term will harm the pet unless you see outward signs of issues like vomiting, diarrhea, etc.

You can use oral flea prevention like Capstar at the same time, but need to wait to use other flea preventions until the cats are due for another preventive dosage around 3-4 weeks following the application.

If you are wanting faster relief, your best bet will be for each cat to be examined, given a steroid injection for itching, if this is a concern, groomed with a flea comb and (assuming you won't be washing the topical product off) a bath for fleas with dawn dish soap and water can also be utilized. Otherwise, the fastest approach will be using Capstar along side the topical medication.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: