Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My cat will not eat any isnt any food change.she

Customer Question

my cat will not eat any isnt any food change.she just stopped overnight.She continues to drink small amounts of water she is very weak and seems like she is loosing her eyesight. she is 6 years old
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we have recently moved in with a roomate with other cats whom they dont get along. I feed her in our room so they dont eat together
Expert:  Terri replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry your girl is not feeling well. Anytime a cat stops eating she is either sick or in pain.

Has she gotten into plants, antifreeze or any toxic substance?

Why is she losing eyesight?

If she is not diabetic rub a drop of syrup or honey into her gums to raise her blood sugar in case she is hypoglycemic.

Take a rectal temp -- normal is 100 - 102.5 for a cat.

Since she is drinking drain the water from a can of tuna into a dish so she can lap it up for hydration. If she does,offer some tuna.

Get chicken baby food with no onion or garlic. Warm it to bring out the aroma.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,