Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

My nine year old male Siamese has very hot ears to touch is

Customer Question

My nine year old male Siamese has very hot ears to touch is this normal?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

In regards ***** ***** question, as long as he is well in himself, this isn't a worry. The ears are a site that the body uses to release warmth to keep the body temperature stable and cool off. It does this by just dilating the blood vessels in this area and often we will feel the warmth being lost during hot weather. The only time we'd be concerned is if he were unwell since that could be a hint of fever. But this time of year it is not uncommon to find, so if he is well we'd not be worried.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.