Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My car has a skin sore in the middle of s neck. Doesn't seem

Customer Question

My car has a skin sore in the middle of his neck. Doesn't seem to be in any discomfort but also this sore hasn't been healing. I can take s pic of you like??
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I would very much like to see photo(s) of this sore, please. You can upload by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ How long have you noticed it?

Please check the photo(s) before uploading to make sure that they're in focus.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it's attached let me know if it's not

Thank you! It's not a "sore" but instead appears to be a papilloma - a benign tumor of little consequence. It won't respond to conservative therapy but can be easily surgically excised. There's no proven viral cause unlike other papillomas is dogs and cats.

Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He has a couple of smaller ones close by this location should I have them looked at by my vet or is it of little consequence?

These papillomas can be multiple and in that case they represent feline multiple viral papilloma. These may progress to feline multicentric squamous cell carcinoma (Bowen's disease) and so it would be prudent to have his vet take a look at them. I suspect that you'll be asked to just keep a watch on them but you do have the option of having all of them surgically excised. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Hi John,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?