Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident

I have a cat who came in tonight with terribly itchy bumps

Customer Question

I have a cat who came in tonight with terribly itchy bumps all over him. He needs some relief until I can get him to the vet in the morning. What can I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Squirrel and he is 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Squirrel?
Customer: He weighs about 15 lbs, he is an indoor outdoor cat.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They are all over his belly and around his legs, arm pits and tail. Look like ant bites maybe but I'm not sure.
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like he may be having an allergic reaction, however other things can make him itchy as well so I recommend following up with your vet in the morning if the bumps do not resolve. In the meantime, you can give him Benadryl at a dose of about 2 milligrams per pound orally. This equals about a 25mg capsule or tablet that is available over the counter.

Hi there, I haven't heard back from you and noticed that there was no rating submitted so I wanted to see if I could be of further service. If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate a positive rating as this tells the website that I have been helpful and is the only way that I can be compensated for my time. If you have additional question or concerns, I am happy to address them as I strive for 100% customer satisfaction. thank you,

Dr. Ellie

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie