Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

She has urinary problems that are being treated but she got

Customer Question

she has urinary problems that are being treated but she got up a few minutes ago with dry heaves and cant hold her head up. she will not eat but i have been giving her water with an eye dropper. her nose and lips are very white
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Angel 2 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Angel?
Customer: i don't think so
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that your cat is not feeling well and I will do what I can to help. What medications is she on? What was her diagnosis? Are her gums white or pink?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She is taking the shots right now ...2 a week for 2 weeks then one a week for a few weeks. don't know name of shots. she has had a urine test came back clear and an xray.. no stones. gums are very white..urine dark yellow

The white gums concern me that she is anemic and needs to be evaluated by an emergency veterinarian right away. She may need a blood transfusion or just IV fluids but a simple blood test can tell the vet if she needs a blood transfusion or not.

Without knowing the name of the medication or your cat's diagnosis, I cannot tell you why she may be anemic or if it is related at all to her previous problem or medication, but i think that the best recommendation I can make is that she be evaluated by an emergency veterinarian in person.

Please feel free to return and update me about her condition or let me know if you have any additional questions. If you need help finding an emergency veterinarian in your area, please let me know where you are located and I can help you find one.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we are 60 mieles from emergency vet. should she be ok till morning do you think

With those signs, I am very worried about her and the safest thing to do would be to take her in. I know its a long distance but without knowing how anemic she is or why she is pale, I am very concerned about her. I think that it is worth the trip to take her in tonight as there is a risk that if you wait it may be too late. I cannot tell you that she will not survive overnight without care but if she needs a blood transfusion then she may not make it until the morning.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie