Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a 14 y.o. Shitchu, who hasn't eaten in 3 days. Took

Customer Question

I have a 14 y.o. Shitchu , who hasn't eaten in 3 days. Took her to the vet on Saturday, she is now on antibiotics for a kidney infection. Any ideas of what I can try to feed (force), or get into her for some nutrition? I'm open to ANY suggestions
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....I would recommend that you call your vet and ask for some science diet Prescription diet AD food which is pasty and can be put into a large syringe and syringe fed to your dog. This is a high calorie critical care diet that is easy to syringe into dog with very large catheter tip syringe.They can also tell you how much of that food to feed to maintain your dog as well as teaching you how to administer through a syringe. In addition you can use pedialyte given with a syringe to help keep your dogs hydration up. You can get unflavored pedialyte and mix with water 1:1 and put in your dog's water bowl to help maintain hydration.

I hope this helps you but let me know if you have additional questions as I will check my computer tonight. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional

Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. I will get back to you. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if I can offer additional help.

Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B