Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Thank you. My 12 year old male cat Ceci (pronounced Chechi)

Customer Question

Thank you. My 12 year old male cat Ceci (pronounced Chechi) developed what looks like a pea full of blood on his lower lip (inside). I noticed it yesterday. We have another male cat and they wrestle all the time. I don't know if he got hurt or if this is something I should call my Vet about. What is your opinion? I thank you so much. Annita
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about My?
Customer: Ceci is a big cat, overweight.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Ceci's situation. Can you take a picture and post it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will have to wait until this evening when my husband gets home. I tried to get Ceci to be still long enough to snap a picture and it was impossible to hold him and the camera too. Will this evening around 7 be too late?

I will be on and off here all day. That isn't a problem at all. This most likely isn't an emergency situation as long as he's otherwise acting normal. If he's bright and alert, eating well, comfortable and not seeming distressed that is. If these were to change, then getting him seen here ASAP would be a good idea. This area that you're seeing could be an area of infection or a growth. I wouldn't be super suspicious of the other cat and him wrestling to cause this.