Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My kitten is only 2 months old - has beautiful blue eyes -

Customer Question

my kitten is only 2 months old - has beautiful blue eyes - tonight when I brought him downstairs from a dark room his eyes were very dialated and remained that way - just a little blue now --- Is there a problem
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Bandit. Do you feel that he's acting painful with his eyes? Is he squinting with them or holding them shut? Is there any discharge?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No he seems to be playing and chasing his toys around his site seems fine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you think he has a serious problem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you going to answer my questions
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im still waiting for an answer --- don't mind paying with my credit card, but want some kind of response

Sorry for my delay. For some reason, your response didn't alert me. That is great that he's playing and chasing his toys around and seems fine. I would say that it would seem more serious if he was holding his eyes shut or squinting with them. It would also be more concerning if there was a discharge. The dilation that you're seeing, may just be environmental. As far as the color, he's at the age where some can have a loss of the blue pigment for their adult colors.