Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 14 yr. old cat had surgery on her teeth in June. We found

Customer Question

My 14 yr. old cat had surgery on her teeth in June. We found a week ago that our cat was not seeing things at all. Went to our local vet only to find we were right that she was blind due to retina damage. Being a totally inside cat, I found that strange. The vet gave no hope for change and sent me out after giving her a depo-medrol shot. Can you let me know what to do to see if I can get her sight back. Thanks
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Biscuit's situation with her vision. Did your vet find actual lesions on the retina? Did they take a lens or another tool to look at her retina? Did they present the option to do a referral to an ophthalmologist to see what they can help with possibly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Our cat passed away. Sorry.

I'm very sorry to hear that Biscuit passed away. That wasn't something that was expected based on what your vet had found. Could she have had a brain lesion that was causing all this?