Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

Cat, 16, Eye has turned completely, Agra, Had a stroke

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: 16
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: Eye has turned completely brown
JA: OK. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Agra
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Agra?
Customer: Had a stroke before Christmas, has weak limbs
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Agra's condition. This brown eye may be related to the stroke since it can affect the nerve supply to this area. It may also be that he has developed a form of Glaucoma or cataracts, common in older cats. If this is only one eye and there is no discharge, it may not be that serious but your vet will have to test the eye to know for sure what is causing this and how best to treat this. Without seeing this, it is hard for me to know what to tell you to do for sweet Agra. The best thing you can do for now until you can get him to your vet is to apply a few drops of Artificial Tears, available at the pharmacy over the counter as Bausch and Lomb, every 4-6 hrs. This will flush out any irritants or bacteria that may be irritating this eye.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****