Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My 18 yr old cat is taking Lasix and Enalapril disease. She

Customer Question

My 18 yr old cat is taking Lasix and Enalapril for heart disease. She is weak from a chest fluid tap a week ago Thursday. The vet also diagnoised her with hyperthyroidism and gave me Methemazole to give her. Is this safe with her other meds and current condition?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How was your cat diagnosed with heart disease? Was it by ultrasound, xrays?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.