Jess K
Jess K, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

I gave my cat flea meds from the store, it was old and now

Customer Question

I gave my cat flea meds from the store, it was old and now the cat had canvalsion and the shakes
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your cat. Unfortunately this is an emergency situation. Many cats are very sensitive to flea products sold in pet stores and can have serious reaction including tremors and seizures. These reactions require emergency treatment including injectable medication to help control the tremors or seizures. http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/neurological/c_ct_pyrethrin_pyrethroid_toxicity

Do you have an emergency clinic in your area? If you tell me where you are located, I can try to see if I can find one nearby.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a vet, I called but she is not in until Mon. I live in Andover,Ohio
Expert:  Jess K replied 5 months ago.

So if your vet is closed, you need to find somewhere else to take your kitty. It looks like there are some vets in your area that are open until noon. These include

Western Reserve Animal Clinic(###) ###-####/p>

Country Doctor Vet Clinic(###) ###-####/p>

Greenville Veterinary Clinic(###) ###-####/p>

and this one looks like it is open until 2:

Family Pet Center - Countryside Animal Hospital

8004 State Route 5
Kinsman, OH 44428
Phone:(###) ###-####/strong>

I would call one right away to see if you can bring your kitty in. If not, they may be able to refer you to an emergency clinic location (that is open after hours). I did find one in Girard, OH,

This clinic is about a*****from you:http://animalemergclinic.com/ Animal Emergency Clinic in Girard, OH (330)(###) ###-####/strong>

Expert:  Jess K replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not have any other questions, please take a moment to CLICK AND RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question, and can know that you do not have anything else I need to answer. Thank you and best of luck to you and your kitty!!!