Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

I need some advice on my cat, Calley. She is 11 years old

Customer Question

I need some advice on my cat, Calley. She is 11 years old and has an enlarged heart. She has taken to pooping outside her litter box. She poops on the furniture and floor. She does poop in her box sometimes but not enough. We clean her litter every day, in the morning. She eats only hard food. We have started feeding her brain free food. She does throw up with any food we have given her.her treats are Temptations chicken.please help me understand what is happening with my baby.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Has Calley had any recent bloodwork? Is she a mostly indoor cat?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She has not had a recent blood work and is an indoor cat.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She is still throwing up. We are quite concerned.

Sorry I was off line when you responded. Because of her age I would recommend having bloodwork done to rule out diseases such as hyperthyroidism, kidney disease, or diabetes. You may also want to have x-rays performed as well to rule out any other issue that could be occurring inside the abdomen.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou, I will have to take her to the Vet.

You are welcome let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne