Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

She threw up twice today. She finally pooped just now (I 't

Customer Question

She threw up twice today. She finally pooped just now (I don't think she did yesterday) but now she's dragging her butt on the ground.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: I'm not sure. Not that I know of. I'm weaning them to solid food, but still mixing lots of KMR in there. Just gave them KMR this morning.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Athena. 5 or 6 weeks.
JA: How old is Athena?
Customer: 5 or 6 weeks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Athena?
Customer: Some of the new canned cat food I gave them may have been too old --? It had been opened for about a week, kept in the can but with a lid and in the fridge.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Athena. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

When she pooped, was it normal stool or diarrhea?

I would throw out the week old food. Are you feeding canned and dry kitten food as well as the KMR?

Rubbing her anus on the ground is sometimes seen with diarrhea so knowing what her stool looks like, formed or not, will be helpful. Having a stool sample tested for parasites might be a good idea; most parasites are too small to see without a microscope; some are as small as a single cell but can still make a kitten sick.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you saw my response. How is Athena doing? Can I answer any more of your questions?