Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Allergic to flea bites.Benadryl god to give them and Omega

Customer Question

allergic to flea bites.Benadryl god to give them and Omega 3?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bites.Benadryl?
Customer: She is in one room and we used flea collars and Frontline Plus also did the room she is in.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat and flea allergy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

What collar are you using? Not all flea collars are effective or safe. If you are using Frontline, you may not need collars.

Omega 3s are anti inflammatory and may help with the allergic reaction; give 250 mg daily. You can give Benedryl, 10 mg for an average sized cat, twice daily.

If you are still seeing fleas, you can use Capstar tablets. It is safe, kills all the fleas on the cat, but only last 24 hours.

Let me know what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you. Let me know if you have any more questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?