Dr. Gregg
Dr. Gregg, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years providing medical care for pet cats

I put Advantage ll on my 18 lb cat and today he foamed at

Customer Question

I put Advantage ll on my 18 lb cat and today he foamed at the mouth, I have been using Advantage for a year with no side effects. He is no longer foaming, he has eaten and drink water, and in a stress free area of his choice. My Question is WHAT else can I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Graydon and 6 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Grayson?
Customer: He has been healthy since I rescued him and his sibling.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gregg replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Gregg and I will try to help you out today. Would you look at the package and make sure it is for use on cats?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is used for cats

If you have used this product before with no problems then I would suspect Graydon (neat name) was just upset over it being applied. Perhaps he tried to lick it off? Is there anything else that could have upset him? Has he been feeling OK lately? Is he doing better now or still drooling and upset?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure about Gradon.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He is no longer drooling, he ate and drank, and is resting in his favorite place
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No worries than?

It sounds like his crisis has passed. As long as he seems OK now I would just watch him. If I thought he was having a reaction to the Advantage I would recommend a bath, but it seems all right now. If you have any doubt I would call your Vet and have them take a look just to be safe. Always better safe than sorry.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much, good day to you.

If any further questions feel free to ask or re-post to the website and I will answer them at no further charge. If no further questions please accept and rte me for the website. Good luck with Graydon. Dr. Gregg

Is there anything else I can help you with?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gregg