Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a Ragdoll cat she is 4 years old is indoor/and

Customer Question

Hi I have a Ragdoll cat she is 4 years old is indoor/and outdoors and vomits quite a bit after eating biscuits. Have tried grain free biscuits and optimum both for fur balls. When out she eats a lot of those stick insects (if she can catch them lol) Abby has one wet foot applaws cat tin at tea time once a day and dried cat food is left out during the day with fresh filtered water.
JA: The Veterinarian's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that i am aware of
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Abby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abby?
Customer: No
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Abby over time her sickness can range from watery fluid to bringing up fur balls.
The VIP biscuits are grain free but this doesn't seem to make any difference as she still vomits a few times a day.
Today I gave her a worming table Milbemax for cats.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Have you tried any additives to see if they help her to pass the hairballs?
2) Has any added fiber been tried?
3) Have you tried going to a completely dry or completely wet diet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1) No additives have been tried.
2) Only fiber is within the biscuits Abby has
3) This option I have not tried as yet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HI, Abby has been taken to the vets and they think she could have either a number of things. Inflamed bowel, blockage, or infection so she is going in for some tests being ultrasound, X-ray blood tests..
Thanks anyway.