Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I Need help Please! My Male Tabby cat is not being normal.

Customer Question

I Need help Please ! My Male Tabby cat is not being normal. (History , about 3 months ago he got clogged up he was not peeing but always trying to.) I took him to the vet and lot of money later with meds and food he was back. ) now this stated today I came home and he had thrown up a little and now he has thrown up again as well as poop not in the litter . he is mowing softly ( hes never mows) and he keeps licking his butt area. Need Help Please..
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is DRB. You have to find an emergence clinic even if you have to drive a ways to get to it. If your cat is blocking and this is not relieved then he can die...... there is nothing anyone can do online to help you......except advise you to seek medical care. There has to be an ER clinic near you and I can help you find one if you let me know what larger city you live in or near....also he needs to be on a urinary tract diet for the rest of his life. Purina prescription diet UR is great.....let me know if you need me to help locate an ER for you...happy to help with that. DR B

Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

If you need help please let me know asap as I have to retire for the night to do early surgery tomorrow......DRB