Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

All of a sudden, she stopped walking across or on the

Customer Question

all of a sudden, she stopped walking across or on the carpet. we used to play there all the time
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: not to my knowledge
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Bob, about 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bob?
Customer: a stray kitten came into the house, and ran away when I came near it. I don't know how long the kitty was here before I saw it.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Cats can be very finicky and since this kitten has invaded Bob's space, he is now not willing to walk on these places. Purchase Feliway at the pet store which is a feline pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will decrease Bob's anxiety over this and help him past this. In the mean time, try feeding him there...starting at the very edge and moving further. If this is not enough, your vet will have medications that are stronger and will help Bob past this. Don't feel bad...this is common especially in the older cats.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****