Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat is Siamese stud cat and is 12 years old. He has a

Customer Question

My cat is Siamese stud cat and is 12 years old. He has a swollen foot, swollen stomach and slightly swollen testicles. I am very worried.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your Siamese?
Customer: He is eating but there has been very little urine and stool in his litter tray for over 1 week.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Since I can't see and examine him, a little more information will help me. Is he eating and drinking? If you look at his gums, are they pink in color or do they seem pale?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Can you take his temperature with a thermometer?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

The swelling you are seeing could be from an infection. Or, he could be "stocking up", retaining fluid, from a variety of things: liver disease, kidney disease, circulatory problems, heart disease.

If I could, I would check his gum color, take his temp, feel his pulses, listen to his heart, palpate his lymph nodes and internal organs. A thorough physical examination would be the place I would begin to figure out what is wrong.

If his gums are pink and he is eating normally, that is a good sign. If he has a fever, he may need antibiotics for an infection.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
His teeth appear to be red around the gums as if he has a tooth issue. Surely this could not cause swelling to the stomach, feet/leg and testicles? He is eating properly but hard to tell about the drinking.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

No, red gums would be gingivitis, and this would not normally cause the swelling you describe. I am glad to hear he is eating.

Can you post a picture of the swelling?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
NOt really I think (I had best take him to the vet in the morning.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I agree he should see a vet in the morning; that would be best.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions, and how he is doing.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

Kindly consider rating my answer so the website know I assisted you if this was helpful.