Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

She's 13 years old, she stopped eating on Tuesday and only

Customer Question

She's 13 years old, she stopped eating on Tuesday and only sips water. She originally had diarrhea, but only urinate once or twice a day now.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Tyra
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tyra?
Customer: She sleeps constantly, I have tone wake her to try to feed or give her water
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Tyra. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry Tyra is not feeling well.

She may be dehydrated from diarrhea.

Drain the water from a can of tuna into a dish and let her lap it up.

Get a jar of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic. Add a tsp of rice cereal or boiled white rice to the jar to cure the diarrhea.

She can also have tuna, salmon or canned cat food.

Please let me know if she eats and how she is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?