Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

A friend just bought hydrangeas and we only had them out

Customer Question

Hi, a friend just bought hydrangeas and we only had them out for a couple minutes, but I saw my cats sitting beside them and one tried to eat a leaf. I stopped them, and don't think they ate anything else, but they were alone with them for a minute. We don't see any sign of any leaves missing. But what should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Raphael. He is 6.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Raphael?
Customer: No, he is very healthy. His brother was sitting beside him, but didn't look like he was trying to eat them.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Hydrangea may cause stomach upset, vomiting and diarrhea, if much is eaten. If none of the leaves are missing, they probably did not get enough to make them sick.

Let me know if I can answer anything else and if this was helpful!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response! Please let me know how your cats are doing and what other questions I can answer.