Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I ha a 3year cat when missing moth i found m after searching

Customer Question

Hello i ha a 3year cat when missing for 5 moth i found him after searching night n day i wont guve up but now he is in really bad condition he got lots of fles n skin rash toom to a vet but now he stared to shack when walk eat n stand he walk like if he had a diaper n rash still their i noticed he doesn't focus right
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did your vet run any blood work or put him on any medication?

How is his appetite?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No blood work antibiotic and for the allergies and sentry for flea for the cat i also have a male German Shepherd dog that gave him a senrty for the flea since the cat love to sleep n clean him after meal idk why. He eat a lot he finishes i full cans of wet food 2oz mix with dry food
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Thanks. I just want to make sure we are on the same page because I wasn't clear from your last post. Your vet did put him on an antibiotic? If so, what was the name of it? Also, specifically what Sentry product did you put on the cat and the dog? There are different products with different ingredients.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello sorry for late responding my asthma been a bit active for the cat antibiotic is call clavamox n sentry fipro guard max and for the dog was sentry pro xft
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the information. That Sentry Pro XFT does have ingredients that are toxic to cats. It has Cyphenothrin which is a pyrethroid. While fairly safe for dogs, those products can be very toxic to cats. It causes neurologic problems. If Teddy licks your dog often, that is a a very easy way to be exposed to this toxin. That would be my primary concern. This type of toxicity in cats can be very serious and usually requires hospitalization and veterinary care. I cannot rule out that there isn't any other type of internal organ problem, such as liver, kidney, pancreas or even an infection in the blood stream (parasitic or bacterial); but pyrethroid toxicity would be my primary concern. If he is still showing tremors, lack of coordination, stiffness, lack of balance or vomiting/anorexia; I wouldn't hesitate to get him seen by a vet ASAP. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
teddy licks offen the dog is their any emergency care that wont cost much since i am off of work for medical reason
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Well, you can check around your area. In general, emergency veterinary clinics are going to be more pricey, but that can vary greatly, depending on where you live as well. I would do an online search for emergency veterinary clinics in your area and cal any that may be close to you to see what their office visit charge is at least.