Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Diarhea,vomiting.went to the vet,gave m antibiotc and

Customer Question

diarhea,vomiting.went to the vet,gave him antibiotc and vitamies orally.kept him for 3 days and sent the cat home.since he is back he always asleep eats a little ,he looks dipressed ,what can i do.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It may take awhile for the medications to take effect which is why he is sleeping a lot. If he is not vomiting or has diarrhea, then this may be just the healing process. The best thing you can do for your guy now is supportive care...give him a teaspoon of Pedilayte every 6 hrs and give him a dose of Nutrical, available at the pet store, every 4 hrs to keep his nutrition up. If he does not improve within a day or so, take your guy back to your vet for a recheck to be sure that he will be ok.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta