Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

She has a problem on the bridge of her nose. It is red,

Customer Question

She has a problem on the bridge of her nose. It is red, showing cracks and won't heal. It appears to be from too much sun on her nose. Can bag balm or chap stick like products provide relief?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Lucy is over 3 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?
Customer: She is mostly feral. I adopted her and her sister when kittens. They are spayed and live in my yard due to my allergies.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If Lucy's nose is pink or white, there is a good chance that this may be skin cancer and may need further treatment. Your vet can tell you for sure...it is unusual on such a young cat so this could also be a fight wound that is not healing well. The best thing to do for now is to apply Neosporin , available at the pharmacy over the counter, every 6 hrs to see if this will help this heal. If it does not heal, then your vet may choose to do a biopsy. I know she is feral so this may be difficult but may be worth it before this gets worse.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****