Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our cat is throwing up (which she has never done before) and

Customer Question

Our cat is throwing up (which she has never done before) and is drooling all over the place. She has thrown up twice ( at least that's all we have found)
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that anyone is aware of, she's gotten a new habit of getting into the kitchen sink so I don't know if she found something and ate it in there or if there was a bug or something.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Punky and she just turned 2 years old at the end of june
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Punky?
Customer: No, she has not had any previous illnesses.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Punky. How long has she been drooling and vomiting? Any diarrhea? Does she eat string or toys or anything else she shouldn't? Does she go outside? Please give me any additional information you have and I'll be able to offer some suggestions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It just started yesterday that she began to vomit and drool. I am not aware of any diarrhea unless something happened over night. She has toys but only balls with jingles in them that are much too big for her to eat. She has never been outside. We have a year old Bernese Mountain Dog that thinks of her as his toy, so she sometimes gets stressed out by him, but we've had him for a year now and she has NEVER thrown up before. We feed her royal canin so she eats good food. She is fixed and declawed, but that happened when she was much younger. She is an exotic shorthair cat. She is able to access the dog food, however, she has only showed interest in his water as she is extremely picky.