Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I do not think he has had access of anything toxic.

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry, is this the same owner who was discussing the cat with bloody diarrhea?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Ok. If he has pigmented gums (grey or dark colored) then that won't help us evaluate if he is anemic. Can you pull down his eyelid to look on the inside surface of the eyelid, to see if it looks nice and pink or if it looks pale in color?

Has he been eating?

Do you have an emergency vet available in your area?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He has no appetite, and he falls over every time he tries to walk now.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Talk to me now please -- I'm going crazy!
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Given the signs you are telling me I am very concerned about him. I would recommend taking him to the emergency vet if your vet is not open.

I worry he has become weak due to anemia or dehydration from the bloody diarrhea.

Do you have an emergency vet in your area you can take him to?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please tell me what to do!
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Where do you live? I can look and see if there may be an emergency vet near you.

Unfortunately your care for him at home is going to be limited. You can try using a syringe or eye dropper to give him water or pedialyte, or tuna juice, or making a gruel of canned food mixed with water, and giving him frequent doses of this to try to rehydrate him and keep his blood sugar steady. The problem is, if he is having bleeding internally this is going to be of limited help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there? Talk to me!
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Are my replies not coming through?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I give up. Please do not charge me for this advice which has been of absolutely no help.
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Are you not seeing my replies to you??? I am not sure why they are not coming through...

Expert:  Shayne-cssm replied 10 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/9t14t-not-think-access-anything-toxic.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.