Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

He has had bloody loose stools past 2 days, and just in the

Customer Question

He has had bloody loose stools for the past 2 days, and just in the last hour, seems to have trouble walking and is extremely unsteady.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Simon -- he's a chartreu
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Simon?
Customer: he's 11 years old and never had a problem until now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about Simon. Are you home with him now? Can you look at his gums and tell me if they are pink or pale in color? And if they are moist or tacky?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
His gums are a dark grey as always. Don't seem to be moist or tacky. He just jumped off a surface and fell down sideways!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am home with him now.
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Ok. If he has pigmented gums (grey or dark colored) then that won't help us evaluate if he is anemic. Can you pull down his eyelid to look on the inside surface of the eyelid, to see if it looks nice and pink or if it looks pale in color?

Has he been eating?

Is there any rodent bait or poison your kitty could have gotten into?

Do you have an emergency vet available in your area?

Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello? Are you still online to discuss your cat?