Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Renal failure..ive been giving my cat sub q fluids week now

Customer Question

Renal failure..ive been giving my cat sub q fluids for a week now as prescribed by my hoping to purchase the solution at a cheaper raterate than from vet..some sites require an rx
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Poncho 15
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Poncho?
Customer: No..he seems to be rallying since a recent emergency vet visit for extreme vomiting and diahrea
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Poncho eat anything unusual?
Customer: No..they did blood work and xrays said he has 1 kidney that is small and creatin levels are high. He is getting sub q fluids every other day now..appetite is good, drinking lots of water
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Poncho is in renal failure. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is your only question about getting a prescription for the fluids? I will be happy to answer any questions you have, but as it says in the disclaimer, we are not able to prescribe for Poncho. Only a veterinarian that you have a client/patient relationship with can prescribe for him. Since I can't see and examine him, it is illegal for me to write you a prescription.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions about Poncho or his condition.