Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Its drooling gel like saliva, Leono cat is approx 6 yrs, he

Customer Question

its drooling white gel like saliva
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Leono cat is approx 6 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Leonor?
Customer: he is being very still, he is usually very active
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear that Leono isn't feeling well. Drooling like this could be due to: 1) Dental disease. A tooth could be out of place and causing this. 2) An oral lesion / sore / or foreign material in there. Sometimes something can be stuck in the mouth or they chewed on something that caused a sore. 3) Nausea. When a cat is nauseated, they will drool a lot of times. Nausea can be due to liver issues, eating something that upsets them, kidney issues, toxicities, etc... 4) Licking / eating something that is an oral irritant. These are the common reasons for this.