Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I have several kittens that have come from a not so well off

Customer Question

I have several kittens that have come from a not so well off home. I am slowly noticing body weight loss and a couple that have refused mommas milk and gone cold turkey to dry food/wet have had diarrhea. I believe they have coccidia and was wondering if I could give them corridor. I have plenty of it since I use for chickens.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Shadow. He is my 5 year old sons. We have 2 others that we can't get to gain weight.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shadow?
Customer: She is mainly inside. Laps but doesn't eat much and drinks about normal. Her activity has slowed a little. Unless she is outaide. But she sleeps a lot more than the others. Very timid.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Are the stools bloody? What do you think they have Coccidia?

Has a stool sample been tested?

Are the kittens appearing to be sunken eyed or have skin tenting when you lift their skin?

Was the mother cat wormed before having the kittens or since?