Dr.  Levinson
Dr. Levinson, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  17 years experience in small animal medicine

I have 3 indoor cats 1 male 10y/o (neutered) neither females

Customer Question

I have 3 indoor cats 1 male 10y/o (neutered) neither females have been spayed, oldest female approximately 13 y/o healthy but very much the RUNT of the litter in fact her name is ***** ***** is about 7 lbs.
2nd female, I acquired reluctantly from a ex-son in law when he was convicted for murder,
she is 4-5y/o large framed calico. She weighs about 14 lbs.and is constantly
My question is if I have the two females spayed will that reduce or stop the fighting?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gregg replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Gregg. I will try to help you today. Two female cats that are fighting? That can be tough one. First thing I would do is get them spayed so you remove the hormone stress between them. Next I would try something called "Feliway". This is a synthetic pheromone that helps to calm kitties down. It comes in a "plug in diffuser" kind of like a "Glade plug in room freshener" except it fills the room with kitty calming pheromones. You can find this at many veterinary clinics or pet stores/online pet supply sitesSome cats will never get along with each other, but with spaying and the feliway diffusers, you have a good chance of reducing aggression. If there are still problems after you take those steps you may have to have your Vet look at them and prescribe, any of a number of medications, to help calm them down. Hopefully this helps. If you have further questions, just ask. Dr. Gregg

If you do not have further questions please accept my answer and rate me so the web site Knows I was helpful to you. Good luck. Dr. Gregg

Expert:  Dr. Levinson replied 3 months ago.

and the gatifloxacin is a pretty potent antibiotic

do you know if the vet performed a fluorescine stain test to make sure Pancho didn't have a corneal ulcer in the eye?

When you mean the other eye doesn't seem right do you mean it's staring off in the other direction than the normal eye? How are the pupils? are they the same size or is one bigger than the other?