Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital
94509965

She has a very thick mucus/drool coming from her mouth and

Customer Question

She has a very thick mucus/drool coming from her mouth and has stopped eating. She is 16 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Star
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Star?
Customer: No. They are going to do an ultrasound and look down her throat tomorrow. If necessary xrays too. What are the possible things that could be the cause of this?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. KV. I am here to help with Star. I am happy to hear you are taking her to the vet tomorrow, but very sorry to hear that she is not doing well. There are several things that could be going on...an infected tooth, general dental disease, or possibly a mass or tumor in her mouth or throat. Sometimes, older cats will have metabolic diseases that can cause nausea, drooling, and decreased appetite.

Please feel free to reach out if I can assist you further. Good luck tomorrow with the oral exam.

With appreciation,

Dr. KV

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She had tongue cancer. We had to put her down.

I'm so sorry to hear that! My thoughts are with you at this sad time. Rest in peace Star.