Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat has a cancer in her jaw. anyway to help m. still

Customer Question

hello, my cat has a cancer in her jaw. anyway to help him. still eating, but a lot of discomfort and drooling, tries to groom himself, loves to be brushed, purrs. I don't have thousands, but willing to pay on plan. this is one of the good ones. any advice might help. thank you, robert
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, Robert. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I am very sorry to hear that your lad has a jaw tumor. These can be very difficult for our pets.

Now in regards ***** ***** treatment, the aim would be to keep Apricote as comfortable as possible. Therefore, if he has just seen his vet for this, consider ringing them to have them dispense cat safe pain relief. That way we can reduce inflammation associated with the mass but also keep him as pain free as possible. Otherwise, the only real treatment option if we aren't being invasive (ie surgery, chemo, etc) would be to ensure he is able to take in enough food/nutrients. This is very important since often they loose weight due to not being able to eat as much as they need to. Therefore, further to pain relief, we can try him on a calorie rich diet like Hill's A/D, Royal Canin Recovery or even canned kitten food. As well, there are also liquid diets like Clinicare Canine/Feline Liquid Diet or Catsure that may be easier for him to lap. All of these are nutrient dense, so a little goes a long way nutrition-wise and can just help keep him as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Apricote. How is everything going?

Dr. B.