Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My tabby cat, 6 old, weighs 20 lbs., she got as big as 23.5

Customer Question

My tabby cat, 6 old, weighs 20 lbs., she got as big as 23.5 earlier and the vet put her on
Feline Metobolic in Feb, this year She lost the 3.5 in the beginning, but now she is hungry all the time and no longer losing weight. He had me her 1/3 cup 2x a day. Is there a
better food with more protein and less carbohydrates?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Van Noy replied 5 months ago.

I’m Dr. Jenn and I’m a licensed veterinarian with 18 years of experience. I’m here to help with your question about Sparkle.

I’m so sorry you’re having this problem, but glad you’re looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you’re satisfied with the information I’ve provided. I’ll do my best to earn your good rating, because that’s the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I’ll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• Is Sparkle eating both the canned and dry of the Metabolic diet?
  • How much activity does she get each day?