PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I am caring 30 strays and there are a couple that have the

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I am caring for about 30 strays and there are a couple that have the upper respitory colds right now, I just spent 1800 hundred at the vet. I am trying to order liquid Doxycycline on line so I have it on hand. I go through this every year. it should be available to people like me. It takes every thing I make to care for these animals If I had this medicine to give them. I could save them
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the stray?
Customer: the symptoms are just like a cold that we get . runny nose congested watery eyes.
JA: What is the stray's name and age?
Customer: I would say about 5 or 6 months old I have not named them yet I guess I am waiting to see if they make it. I try to get them onto homes or rescues when they are in good heslth after I spay or neuter
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Them?
Customer: I don't think so I feed them purina kitten chow still. just because they are under a year I guess that's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.

That's certainly a lot of strays. Unfortunately, Doxycycline is only available by prescription. However, if you have already had an exam or two done by your vet (and I'm sure you have with the $1800 spent), they should be able to authorize such a prescription. There are pharmacies like and that can make large bottles of this per your vet's direction that is flavored to be palatable for felines. That should keep you able to treat them long-term.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Checking in. How are things going for you and your companion?