Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

When my dog urinates some blood comes out and he also

Customer Question

when my dog urinates some blood comes out and he also dribbles unexpectedly around house. He urinates for long periods when he does but sometimes just dribbles come out but is not showing any signs of pain. This comes and goes. He could go two weeks and you think everything is fine then it starts again for a few days. I thought it might have been because he had gotten into the cat food at times until I realized he was eating their food then I decided to put their food out of his reach. He is nine years old and a small dog but a little overweight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mackie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mackie?
Customer: No he is not showing any signs of pain. He eats, drinks as usual... still plays and gets excited when I come home from work.. Loves going for a walk grabs the leash and basically in dog language says come on mom lets
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog! Can you tell me if he is neutered or not?