Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My husband sprayed Ortho Home Defense in our house. Most of

Customer Question

My husband sprayed Ortho Home Defense for ants in our house. Most of it was dry after an hour and a half, but some areas he over saturated and our 3 cats sat in it. I washed their paws with Olay face wash and Bath and Body Works bath gel. Will they be ok from both the spray and washes? I'm so worried.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

As long as their paws are thoroughly cleaned (which dish soap is best for breaking down chemicals/oils) and they were not allowed to lick them with the pesticide on them, then we'd not be worried of any harm or issue here. Of course, as long as their areas are damp, we need to keep your little ones away from them to ensure no re-exposure.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )