Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

Cat is 10 years old. started loosing teeth suddenly. does

Customer Question

cat is 10 years old. started loosing teeth suddenly. does not eat food anymore.will lick sauce from food.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your cat. When a cat of this age is not eating food anymore but licking sauce from it, then the concern has to go towards dental disease or an oral lesion that is causing pain there. The fact that he's losing teeth, that would further indicate that there is dental disease going on that is causing them to be progressively lost. Loss of teeth isn't a pain free process in that the dental disease causing them to be lost is causing discomfort at each individual tooth. In a situation like this, the best thing that can be done is to get to your vet to have them do a good physical exam on this cat and to then make recommendations based on that. This may be a situation where a dental is needed to further remove teeth that are causing lots of discomfort.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for your info

I'm hoping for the best for this cat. Hopefully it is something that responds to the therapy started up by your vet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?