Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

Kittens have eye infection some with puse. What is best home

Customer Question

Kittens have eye infection some with puse. What is best home treatment
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are many things and conditions that can cause an eye infection in a kitten and I would be sure to have your kitten tested for Feline Leukemia. For now, if this is only a minor respiratory infection, apply Artificial Tears to both eyes every 4-6 hrs. This can be purchased at the pharmacy over the counter made by Bausch and Lomb. This will help flush out any irritants or bacteria or viruses that may be causing this condition. This is not a cure so if there is no improvement, have your vet check your kitten to know for sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta