Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My male cat is moving around very slow he wont eat anything

Customer Question

my male cat is moving around very slow he wont eat anything or drink anything seems to have musus around nose. should i take him to emer. vet what do u think
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is he?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

5- Can you take his rectal temperature?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
10 years gums are pink dont know temp

Friend, if you are seeing mucus in the nostril this could be a sign of a respiratory infection which can explain why he is not eating and lethargic. Unfortunately we are very limited as to what you can do at home. I would strongly recommend having him checked by ER veterinarian, if this is related to an infection he will be started on antibiotics. I would not wait if this was my cat.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.