Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Two month old cat licked small toad in texas.. foamed at

Customer Question

two month old cat licked small toad in texas.. foamed at mouth and I washed mouth. not foaming now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: puna
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Puma?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

As long as Puna only licked the toad and didn't bite into it or ingest it, simply washing out Puna's mouth will suffice. Puna now just needs to be rested in a quiet environment. Chewed or swallowed toads require more aggressive management - cardiac and/or neurologic monitoring . Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.